Friday, February 8, 2008

A taste of the Middle East

Last night I finally broke through and experienced a local 98103 restaurant that I had been interested in since I moved here. Kabul met all of my expections I had going into it. Ever since I had moved to Seattle, I had never been dissapointed in any of the ethnic cuisines that I was introduced to. The dining area was smaller then I expected, but overall ambiance was great. The staff was fast and friendly. I was surprised at how small the menu was, but the food was great. The mushroom appetizer was awesome, which says a lot because I don't even like mushrooms. The entree was even better. I wish I tell you the name of what I had, but the names were hard to say, let alone to write. In a nutshell, it was a lamb kabob with rice. That doesn't paint the right picture, and come to think of it I wish I would have taken a picture. I would say the one downside is that the food is on the expensive side. Still worth it if you're looking for a nice, quiet, and quality meal. Also, beware of where you park since we got to our car to find a $44 parking ticket. There isn't a parking lot, so if you can't find a good place on 45th, make sure you're not parked in one of the casually labeled residential areas. I'll save that topic for another post.

No comments: