Thursday, March 20, 2008

One of my favorite parts of living where I do is the convenient locations for all kinds of outdoor activities. With the weather getting better and the days getting longer, it's nice to come home and still have a few hours of daylight to play with. I usually try to split my time between working on my golf game and going on a nice run.

For golf, I either go to the course over in Interbay or the tiny course at Greenlake. The course in Interbay is great because it has a big driving range, nice putting green, and 9 holes if you want to get out and play for real. The best part is that it is cheap as well. 9 holes is $13 and a medium bucket of balls is only $8. The other golf course is a tiny little par 3 course on Greenlake. Par 3 is pretty generous since there isn't a hole over 80 yards. Still fun to go hack around a little bit.

I've decided that since I sit at a desk for 8+ hours/day, getting some other physical activity going is a good idea. I usually end up either running through and around the streets of Fremont or head up to Greenlake and run around that a time or two, depending on how tired I get. Greenlake is also great because of all the tennis courts and other possible outdoor activities around there.

I just hope that I'll be able to keep my motivation going through spring and hopefully summer. I'll check back in later.

No comments: