Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Finally!

So after months of procrastination I finally made it into the the sports card shop on Fremont Ave. that I have wanted to go to since I moved in. I finally pulled the trigger while walking up to the market to grab a few items. It was everything one would expect. I thought one of the best parts about it was that it didn't have a lot of high priced memorabilia all over the place, just a lot of stuff us less wealthy fans would want to own. Sometimes lesss is more when it comes to sports card/memorabilia. Everything seemed to be cheap too.

Part of the reason I wanted to go was to browse whatever collection of Griffey card they had. To my delight they had a big binder dedicated only to him. I was only interested in the M's cards though. Unfortunately, I already own a decent amount of the cards that were in the binder. This led me to believe that either I owned a ridiculous amount of Griffey cards, or the selection wasn't actually that big. Could go either way. They had a lot of other things too that I didn't spend a lot of time browsing. All I know it's a good stop for those of us who still have a little bit of youngster left in them. I know next time I stop in, that I won't be leaving empty handed.

No comments: