Friday, January 11, 2008

Best place to watch the big game(s)


One thing I wish Fremont had more of are great sports bars. It would provide a perfect balance with all the other fun bars that come along with fremont. Researching on OpenList confirmed what I had already suspected as well. Sure you can probably go watch the game at The Ballroom(but why waste your time) or Norm's even. If I'm going to a bar to watch the big game, and luckily this weekend has 2 of them, I would head outside of fremont. I have to admit that I only put one bar to watch the games because I haven't had a chance to explore that many sports bars since I moved over here. I hope to rectify that soon. I encourage feedback as well.


So here is the best semi-local place to watch the big games in my opinion.


- This is easy, and anybody who is a Coug already knows of the Village Pub in Magnolia. Its a moderate drive from Fremont. You're not going to find a better bar to watch a Coug game at. They have Coug merchandise all over the place, tons of tvs so no matter where you are and how busy the bar is, you will be able to see the tv. The tricky part is that the game is at 11:30, so I'd get there as early as you can since it will undoubtedly fill up fast for this huge game. If you're not a coug, no worries. Great environment, drinks, atmosphere, etc. Just don't wear any UW apparel and you should be ok. Also, if you're able to make it and sit through the Coug game, they will be showing the 'Hawk game after so you can get 2 great games in a fun, festive environment.

No comments: