Friday, January 4, 2008

Don't hear this everyday


In the spirit of the Iowa caucuses, I decided on a post with some political leaning. I found this article in my morning newspaper browse about Gov. Gregoire and her plans for the Alaskan Way Viaduct. I gotta say its kind of refreshing to hear a politician not going with the typical politician-speak and actually speaking forcefully on an issue. I, like all 98103 residents use Aurora/viaduct regularly. Tearing the whole thing down like the Gregoire said, would change things drastically. I also know since the Minnesota bridge collapse this summer, there have been times that I have been driving through it and had visions of our own similar nightmare. Regardless of political affiliation, you have to agree that its good to hear our state's leader take a firm stance on an important issue. Lets hope this gets resolved before we actually do have to tear it down.

No comments: