Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New developments

News recently hit of a new shopping center in Greenwood that is in the works.  I haven't spent a lot of time in Greenwood, but have come away with a favorable opinion whenever I have spent time up there.  There have always been restaurants and bars that have caught my eye and made me want to go back and check them out.  Issues of building large shopping centers like this always raise the same issues/controversies.  This one has the added element of having environmental concerns since apparently the new shopping center will be located on a bog(which I didn't know existed up there).  So not only are the normal concerns for small businesses and residents there going to be problems, the environmental concerns are going to raise a lot of questions as well.  I suppose I had to take a stand somewhere, I would say build the thing.  Without knowing what exact stores would go in, I think that it would give a solid alternative to some of the other shopping locations.

Also, apparently I was wrong about Mike Huckabee not having a chance in the Washington republican primary/caucus(not sure what it was exactly).  From the sounds of it whomever is in charge of calling the vote one way or the other pulled the trigger a little soon.  Now Huckabee is demanding a recount.  Thankfully I highly doubt that this will turn into our own Florida circa 2000 drama.

No comments: