Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday Frenzy


For months it seemed like all the election shenanigans have been so far removed from our state. That perception changed recently with a subtle knock on my door Saturday afternoon. I was taken away from my weekend sports-watching routine to pledge my unbinding support for Barack Obama. Then last night it finally happened. The first two political 30 second tv ads of the election year. Oddly enough, they were Republican ads. I figured they would use their money and place the ads in areas with a strong republican lean. There have been countless amounts of debates that have settled virtually nothing. The guys who were expected to be front-runners stayed that way while hoping to avoid their own personal Howard Dean Moment. The west coast has largely been ignored up until now, and that's only because California is in play and could decide the nominees. That is all set to change with the Washington Caucuses next weekend. I haven't been able to find any scheduled visits by our new prospective commander-in-chief, but I'm sure that the annoying, redundant ads are sure to increase over the next week. I'm just glad that I'm not from Iowa or New Hampshire where they have to put up with this nonsense for months.

No comments: