Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Rain Rain go away...

I'm sure you've all read or heard from some sort of media that its been raining in Seattle. Shocking, I know. This wasn't the rain that I had gotten used to since I've been over here though. Usually its just a normal drizzle that doesn't amount to much cause everybody is so used to it. Yesterday however was more drastic. You couldn't walk outside for more then a couple minutes without getting soaked. Couple that with the wind and it made it real uncomfortable to everybody. Even though we did have road closures, mudslides, flooding and other problems, it definitly sounds like the worst of it was in southwestern Washington on the coast. You can't even drive all the way down I-5 for the next couple of days because of some of the damage. Luckily, I live on the 3rd floor of my apartment complex, so I didn't have to worry about a lot of things that other people had to worry about (flooded basements, houses, etc.). I did figure out real quick yesterday when I went to catch my bus that it was going to be an interesting day weather wise when at the bottom of the stairwell in front of the door to exit the building there was a huge puddle that has overtaken the entire floor. Luckily it was all cleaned up when I got back and we didn't lose power because of the wind or anything. Between the snow over the weekend and the massive rain yesterday, this is shaping up to be an interesting week weather-wise.

No comments: