Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Simply stunning

Shortly after publishing my previous post, I did some browsing of local blogs. I came across the "Big Blog" in the P-I to find this article that left me completely dumbfounded. Apparently our Mayor and City Council members aren't hip to the fact that inclement weather has a tendency to hit here in the winter months. One only needs to think back to the huge storms we had last winter which left thousands of people powerless and in some cases homeless. I'm not saying he is to blame for the flooding and everything, but it seems like after what happened last year we would have taken steps to better prepare ourselves for this kind of weather. I also understand that with the amount of rain that fell there were bound to be problems. I'm not sure what or who to blame for this. Perhaps it is pure ignorance, or government bureaucracy, or lack of funding but whatever it is needs to be fixed. Newsflash, Seattle has its share of bad weather. Get together, talk about it, and figure out something that we can do to not have as many problems when this kind of weather hits.

No comments: