Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wind

After hearing about the chaos that came from the big wind storms last year, I was expecting the worst last night with rumors of big wind storms that were going to be sweeping through the area. Much to my surprise and delight, the storm didn't hit anywhere in Fremont. From what I could tell, nobody lost power anywhere in my area. I read about huge winds pretty much from Bellingham to the coast, but not where I live. There were reports of some pretty intense damage to cars, homes and businesses, but from what it sounds nothing like the chaos of last year. I have to say though, the best part about not being hit was getting to watch the 'Hawks slap the Niners around like we usually do on MNF.

1 comment:

Greg Martin said...

Fremont didn't lose power last year either (I think because the power lines are mostly undergrownd in the neighborhoods closer to downtown). I didn't realize the extent of the damage until I got to work the next day.